Tico Coffee Roasters has embarked on an initiative to support its long-held commitment to quality, sustainability, and social responsibility. We view these as an investment at origin that will materially benefit the business by securing a steady supply of high-quality green coffee beans.
Tico Coffee Roasters takes action with social responsibility and sustainability programs at all levels of operations. These practices include:
- Purchase more than 50% of our coffees as direct trade coffee, paying typically double the fair trade price, to support the producer communities.
- Annual certification for compliance in proper handling and storage of RainForest Alliance coffees.
- An extensive recycling program for both office and warehouse.
- A compost program that incorporates 100% of chaff and coffee grounds.
- The donation of jute and burlap coffee bags to area gardeners for re-use.